BERKELEY VITAL RECORDS
The City of Berkeley, Vital Records (Berkeley Vital Records) issues Authorized and Informational copies of Berkeley birth certificates and Berkeley death certificates for events which occurred in the City of Berkeley from 1895 to present. For Berkeley marriage records in the City, contact the Alameda County Recorder. You may order copies of Berkeley vital records through VitalChek on an expedited basis.
NOTICE: Although VitalChek attempts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this site, state and agency information is subject to change without notice. VitalChek makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information herein and assumes no liability with respect to such information.
BERKELEY BIRTH CERTIFICATES
Berkeley Vital Records issues Authorized and Informational copies of Berkeley birth certificates. Authorized copies are typically acceptable for passport, social security, employment and personal identification purposes.
Who can order?
Authorized Copies - All applicants must submit a Sworn Statement and notarized Certificate of Acknowledgment, before the order will be processed, forms and instructions will be provided upon completion of your online order. Individuals permitted to receive authorized, certified copies of Berkeley birth certificates are listed below.
- The certificate holder, a parent or legal guardian of the certificate holder.
- A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse or domestic partner of the certificate holder.
- A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business.
- A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order, or an attorney or a licensed adoption agency seeking the birth record.
- An attorney representing the certificate holder or the certificate holder's estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the certificate holder or the certificate holder's estate.
Informational Copies - All applicants must submit a Sworn Statement before the order will be processed. Anyone can order informational copies of Berkeley birth certificates.
Visit Berkeley Vital Statistics