SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY VITAL RECORDS
The San Bernardino County Recorder issues copies of vital records, including Authorized and Informational copies of San Bernardino County birth certificates, death certificates and marriage certificates (for marriage licenses that were issued in San Bernardino County). This includes public and confidential marriages.
NOTICE: Although VitalChek attempts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this site, state and agency information is subject to change without notice. VitalChek makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information herein and assumes no liability with respect to such information.
SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY DEATH CERTIFICATES
San Bernardino County Recorder issues authorized and informational copies of San Bernardino County death certificates. Authorized copies of San Bernardino County death certificates are typically acceptable to obtain death benefits, claim insurance proceeds, notify social security and other legal purposes. Informational copies of San Bernardino County death certificates can be used for informational purposes only.
Who Can Order?
Authorized Copies - All applicants must submit a Sworn Statement and notarized Certificate of Identity before the order will be processed, forms and instructions will be provided upon completion of your online order. Individuals permitted to receive authorized, certified copies of San Bernardino County death certificates are listed below.
- The decedent's parent or legal guardian.
- A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse or domestic partner of the decedent.
- A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business.
- A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order.
- An attorney representing the registrant or the registrant's estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the decedent or the decedent's estate.
- A funeral director ordering certified copies on behalf of the decedent's family.
Informational Copies - No documentation is required.
Visit San Bernardino County Recorder