ORANGE COUNTY VITAL RECORDS
The Orange County Clerk/Recorder issues Orange County vital records including Authorized and Informational copies of Orange County birth certificates, Orange County death certificates, public Orange County marriage records and confidential Orange County marriage records (for marriage licenses that were issued in Orange County). You may order copies of Orange County vital records through VitalChek on an expedited basis.
NOTICE: Although VitalChek attempts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this site, state and agency information is subject to change without notice. VitalChek makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information herein and assumes no liability with respect to such information.
ORANGE COUNTY DEATH CERTIFICATES
Orange County Vital Records issues authorized and informational copies of Orange County death certificates. Authorized copies of Orange County death certificates are typically acceptable to obtain death benefits, to claim insurance proceeds and for other legal purposes. Informational copies of Orange County death certificates can be used for informational purposes only.
Who Can Order?
Authorized Copies - All applicants must submit a Sworn Statement and notarized Certificate of Acknowledgment, in addition to a government issued photo ID, before the order will be processed, forms and instructions will be provided upon completion of your online order. Individuals permitted to receive authorized, certified copies of Orange County death certificates are listed below.
- The decedent's parent or legal guardian.
- A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse or domestic partner of the decedent.
- A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business.
- A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order.
- An attorney representing the registrant or the registrant's estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the decedent or the decedent's estate.
- A funeral director ordering certified copies on behalf of the decedent's family.
Informational Copies - no documentation is required.
Visit Orange County Clerk-Recorder (Hugh Nguyen)