SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY CLERK VITAL RECORDS
San Francisco County Clerk issues copies of vital records, including Authorized and Informational copies of San Francisco County birth and death certificates as well as confidential marriage certificates.
Please note: Acknowledgements executed by Notaries Public outside of USA are not accepted. Sworn Statement must be taken before an Embassador, Minister, Consul, Vice Consul, or Consular Agent of the United States, or before any Judge of a Court of record having a seal in such foreign country. (CA CCP 2014)
NOTICE: Although VitalChek attempts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this site, state and agency information is subject to change without notice. VitalChek makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information herein and assumes no liability with respect to such information.
SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY CLERK DEATH CERTIFICATES
San Francisco County Clerk Vital Records issues Authorized and Informational copies of San Francisco County death certificates; authorized copies are typically acceptable for death benefits, claim insurance proceeds, notify social security and other legal purposes. Records and the information are released on certified copies of the record only and cannot be released by fax, email, or over the phone. Persons requesting an authorized copy must sign a statement, under penalty of perjury, that they are an "authorized person" as defined by Health & Safety Code section 103526(c). San Francisco County Clerk is not responsible for non-delivery or non-receipt of fulfilled orders by your chosen return delivery method.
Who Can Order?
Authorized Copies - An authorized copy establishes the identity of the registrant (decedent named on the certificate) and may only be issued to the following authorized persons:
- A parent or legal guardian of the registrant (decedent named on the certificate) (Legal guardian must submit documentation).
- A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order (Please include a copy of the court order).
- A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business. (Companies representing a government agency must provide authorization from the government agency.)
- A child, grandparent, grandchild, brother or sister, spouse or domestic partner of the registrant.
- An attorney representing the registrant or the registrant’s estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the registrant or the registrant’s estate.
- Any agent or employee of a funeral establishment who acts within the course and scope of his or her employment and who orders certified copies of a death certificate on behalf of any individual specified in paragraphs (1) to (5), inclusive, of subdivision (a) of Section 7100 of the Health & Safety Code.
- Appointed rights in power of attorney, or an executor of the registrant's estate. (Please include a copy of the power of attorney, or supporting documentation identifying you as executor.)
Informational Copies - Informational copies are available to all requesters. An informational copy cannot be used for identity purposes. The certificate bears an inscription across the face of the document, stating, "INFORMATIONAL, NOT A VALID DOCUMENT TO ESTABLISH IDENTITY."
Visit San Francisco County Clerk