Ordering copies of a loved one’s death certificate
NHObit.com has partnered with LexisNexis VitalChek Network
Inc. to help you quickly and securely purchase the copies you need.
Dealing with the death of a loved one, and all the details that follow, is a big
responsibility. Making sure you have enough death certificate copies shouldn’t be
a hassle, and we can help guide you through this process.
1. How many death certificate copies are needed?
- Official death certificate copies are typically required for multiple legal purposes,
- Notifying Social Security
- Notifying insurance companies (life insurance, vehicle insurance, etc.; 1 for each
- Notifying mortgage and/or title companies (1 for each property or company)
- Notifying banks, credit card companies, and/or investment companies (1 for each
- Applying for Veterans benefits, if your loved one was a Veteran
- Changing vehicle registration and/or titles
- Probating an estate
Family members may also wish to have an official record of your loved one’s passing.
2. How can you get all the needed death certificate copies?
Whether you need to order copies for all the appropriate legal purposes as noted
above, or you need additional copies for family members, VitalChek can help you
- Simple online ordering with step by step instructions to guide you through
- Fast turnaround to receive your certificates, usually in less than a week
- Secure processing, fully encrypted and firewall-protected, to help protect
your identity online
3. Need help with your order?
VitalChek’s secure website is designed to walk you through
ordering the certificates you need, quickly and easily with step by step instructions
and tips along the way. You can even keep track of your order as it goes through
the process with our online order status information. If additional assistance is
needed, VitalChek’s professional customer support team is available 24/7 to answer
questions about your order.
With 25 years of experience working directly with vital record agencies across the
nation, VitalChek is America’s leading source for ordering certified death certificates
and other vital records online. Other online services may not be authorized by the
agency issuing the certificate, and they may charge additional fees without providing
approved services or guaranteeing the confidentiality of your data. VitalChek provides
you a convenient and secure way to order your additional official death certificate
copies quickly, affordably, and with added security to ensure your data and documents