We are an authorized online vital records ordering service for Colorado Vital Records Section.
That means we can process your request fast, affordably, and securely. The only thing faster is doing it in person – but that’s not always possible or convenient, and that’s why we’re here.
About Vital Records from Colorado Vital Records Section
COLORADO VITAL RECORDS
The Colorado Division of Vital Records (Colorado Vital Records) issues copies of Colorado vital records including certified copies of Colorado birth certificates, Colorado death certificates, Colorado marriage records (verification only) and Colorado divorce records (verification only) for events that occurred within the State of Colorado. You may order copies of Colorado vital records through VitalChek on an expedited basis.
Colorado Vital Records requires all applicants to submit a copy of proof of relationship (e.g. marriage certificate, birth certificate, court order) and a copy of their valid, government issued photo ID. You will be presented with an Authorization Form at the end of your order that includes specific instructions. When faxing your identification, please enlarge and lighten to ensure your fax is legible. Your order will not be processed until a legible form of identification and proof of relationship are received. Below is a list of acceptable forms of identification:
One of the following valid forms of identification (no expired documents are accepted):
- Photo Driver License, Photo Identification Card, Current School, University or College Identification Card, U.S. Passport, Foreign Passport, Alien Registration Receipt Card/Permanent Resident Card, Temporary Resident Card Employment Authorization Card, U.S. Military Identification Card, Tribal Identification Card, U.S. Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Citizenship Identification Card
Two of the following (any document expired more than six months will not be accepted):
- Work Identification/Paycheck Stub/W-2, Voter Registration Card, Social Security Card, DD-214, Motor Vehicle Registration/Title, Probation Documents, Marriage License/Divorce Decree, Social Services Card, Hospital Birth Worksheet, Acknowledgment of Paternity Document, Department of Corrections Identification Card, Birth Certificate of the Applicant, Craft or Trade License, Hunting or Fishing License, Merchant Mariner Card, Pilot License, Selective Service Card, Weapon or Gun Permit, Any Expired document from the 'Primary' List
The following forms of identification are not accepted:
- Matricula Consular Card
- Novelty ID Card
- Non-expiring Identification Cards
- City or County Prison/Jail ID
- Souvenir Birth Certificates
If you cannot provide acceptable identification, it is suggested that you ask a spouse, parent, grandparent, sibling, or adult child, who can provide appropriate identification, to request the certificate. Proof of relationship is required, (e.g. marriage certificate, birth certificate, court order, etc.).
Although VitalChek attempts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this site, state and agency information is subject to change without notice. VitalChek makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information herein and assumes no liability with respect to such information.
Available Colorado (CO) Vital Record Types
A certified copy of a birth certificate that can typically be used for travel, passport, proof of citizenship, social security, driver's license, school registration, personal identification and other legal purposes. Birth Certificates are available for events that occurred within the State of Colorado from 1910 to present.
Heirlooms are legal, certified certificates, however, they are not guaranteed to be accepted by Federal Governmental agencies.
Why should you trust VitalChek?
vital documents processed per year
More than 35 years
compliance with the highest level PCI standards to protect your personal information