NEVADA COUNTY VITAL RECORDS
The Nevada County Recorder issues Authorized and Informational copies of Nevada County vital records including Nevada County birth certificates, Nevada County death certificates, and Certified Nevada County marriage records (for marriage licenses that were issued in Nevada County).
Nevada County Vital Records participates in the VitalChek Network, allowing you to order the following certificates online on an expedited basis.
NEVADA COUNTY DEATH CERTIFICATES
Nevada County Vital Records issues authorized and informational copies of Nevada County death certificates for individuals who died within Nevada County; authorized copies can typically be used to obtain death benefits, to claim insurance proceeds and for other legal purposes.
Who Can Order?
Authorized Copies - All applicants must submit a Sworn Statement and notarized Certificate of Acknowledgment, in addition to a government issued photo ID, before the order will be processed, forms and instructions will be provided upon completion of your online order. Individuals permitted to receive authorized, certified copies of Nevada County death certificates are listed below.
- The decedent's parent or legal guardian.
- A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse or domestic partner of the decedent.
- A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business.
- A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order.
- An attorney representing the registrant or the registrant's estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the decedent or the decedent's estate.
- A funeral director ordering certified copies on behalf of the decedent's family.
Informational Copies - ONLY the Sworn Statement is required. The notarized Certificate of Acknowledgement is not required for an Informational Copy.
Visit Nevada County Recorder