Last updated: June 25, 2019
2. Collection of Information
The Service collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through the Service's technologies.
a. Information provided by you
The types of personal information that the Service collects directly from you may include the following as well as any other information type that we expressly ask you to enter and submit to the Service:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and phone number;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Identification information, such as your date of birth, driver's license number and/or social security number, place of birth or other vital event and/or information about family members associated with a vital event may also be required when requesting vital records;
- Comments, feedback and other information you submit to the Service; and
- Interests and communication preferences.
b. Information Collected Automatically
- Internet Protocol ("IP") address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier ("UDID") and other technical identifiers;
- Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") click stream data, including date and time stamp, referring and exit URLs, search terms you used and pages you visited or searched for on the Service; and
We may use and disclose information that does not reveal your identity or permit direct association with any specific individual, such as browser and device information, usage data and aggregated information, for any purpose, except where we are restricted by law.
If we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
You can control cookies through your browser’s settings and other tools. However, if you block certain cookies, you may not be able to register, login, or access certain parts or make full use of the Service.
3. Use of Your Information
We use your personal information to:
- Process and fulfill a transaction or order;
- Provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the Service working, safe and secure;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Provide, evaluate and improve the Service, its advertisements and promotional campaigns and our other products and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Offer you customized content and individualized personalization of the Service to make it more relevant to your interests and needs;
- Notify you about changes or updates to the Service and our other products and services;
- Provide you with special offers and other information about the Service as well as other products, events and services of ours, and our affiliates;
- Invite you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, competitions and similar promotions;
- Identify usage trends and for data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and paying royalties and license fees to third-party providers, such as authors and other copyright holders and content distributors, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, or in other ways to which you have expressly agreed in a customer agreement; and
- To display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at VCN_helpdesk@vitalchek.com; and
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
We share your personal information with our affiliates, service providers, and data providers, including government agencies, to assist us with producing and delivering the Service, developing and operating our businesses, systems, applications, products and services, processing payments, providing technology functions and customer support, and marketing, promotion and communications.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Our affiliates, trading names and divisions within the LexisNexis group of companies worldwide (for a list, visit http://www.lexisnexis.com/offices) and certain RELX Group companies that provide technology, customer service and other shared services functions; and
We also may disclose your personal information:
- To (i) respond to or comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, court order or other legal process; (ii) detect, investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; (iii) enforce and protect our rights and properties; or (iv) protect the rights, property or safety of our users, employees and others; in certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements , and
- If LexisNexis, the Service or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company. In such an event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
The Service may let you post and share personal information, comments, materials and other content. Any information you post or disclose publicly may be collected and used by others, may be indexable by search engines, and might not be able to be removed. Please be careful when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
5. Children's Privacy
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 or target the Service to children under 13.
6. Your Choices and Communications Preferences
You can manage your communications preferences when you register with the Service, by updating your account preferences, by using the "opt-out" or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive, or by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
We will also send you service related email announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. You do not have an option to opt out of these emails, which are not promotional in nature.
7. Access to and Accuracy of Your Information
We respect your control over your information and, upon request, we will confirm whether we hold or are processing information that we have collected from you. The Service may allow registered users to directly access the account information they provided and make corrections or updates to that information upon login at any time. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user.
You may also request access to and correction of other personal information about you that you have directly provided to us through the Service. You may also request to review, delete and correct any of that personal information which is stored and readily accessible for such review and/or correction, subject to the LexisNexis consumer choice policies and applicable law. For instance, information you provide for making a payment to a government agency or requesting a vital record may be transmitted to the appropriate government agency in real time rather than being stored, and therefore not readily accessible for review or correction. Certain transactional information pertaining to the order of a vital record is stored for a period of 13 months and not subject to deletion during this time period.
To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity. The personal information you directly provide us for the purposes of verifying your identity is typically not stored, but transmitted to the appropriate government agency directly to process your request, and therefore not readily accessible for review or correction. We will respond to your access or deletion request within a reasonable timeframe.
If you request to deactivate your account or delete your personal information, we will endeavor to fulfill your request in accordance with our policies but some personal information may persist in backup copies for a certain period of time and may be retained as necessary for legitimate business purposes or to comply with our legal obligations.
Access to or correction of personal information that LexisNexis may gather from public records and other sources is subject to applicable laws and our consumer choice policies.
Please note that for personal information about you that we have obtained or received for processing on behalf of a separate, unaffiliated entity--which determined the means and purposes of processing, all such requests should be made to that entity directly. We will strive to honor and support any instructions they provide us with respect to your personal information.
8. Data Security
We use a variety of generally accepted administrative, physical and technical security measures intended to safeguard your personal information. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL) or an industry equivalent. If you have questions about the security of your personal information, or if you have reason to believe that the personal information that we hold about you is no longer secure, please contact us at VCN_helpdesk@vitalchek.com.
9. Cross-Border Transfer of Personal Information
Attention: Privacy Manager
PO Box 1703
Brentwood, TN 37024-1703
Telphone 1-800-669-8313 ext. 86885
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.