LOS ANGELES COUNTY VITAL RECORDS
The Los Angeles County Registrar - Recorder (Los Angeles County Vital Records) issues Authorized and Informational copies of Los Angeles County birth certificates, Los Angeles County death certificates and public Los Angeles County marriage records (for marriage licenses that were issued in Los Angeles County). You may order copies of Los Angeles County vital records through VitalChek on an expedited basis.
NOTICE: Although VitalChek attempts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this site, state and agency information is subject to change without notice. VitalChek makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information herein and assumes no liability with respect to such information.
LOS ANGELES COUNTY BIRTH CERTIFICATES
Los Angeles County Recorder issues Authorized and Informational copies of Los Angeles County birth certificates; authorized copies are typically acceptable for passport, social security, employment and personal identification purposes. Informational copies of Los Angeles County birth certificates can be used for informational purposes only.
Please Note: If you are requesting birth certificates for events that occur from 1972 to 1977 please be advised that the copy may not be issued the same day. These records will be requested from the State because the social security numbers have to be redacted. The delay for these records is approximately 3 to 5 days.
Who Can Order?
Authorized Copies - All applicants must pass online identity verification before the order will be processed. Any applicant who fails or opts out of online identity verification will be required to submit a Sworn Statement and notarized Certificate of Acknowledgement before the order will be processed. Forms and Instructions will be provided upon completion of your online order. Individuals permitted to receive authorized, certified copies of Los Angeles County birth certificates are listed below.
- The certificate holder, a parent or legal guardian of the certificate holder.
- A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse or domestic partner of the certificate holder.
- A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business.
- A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order, or an attorney or a licensed adoption agency seeking the birth record.
- An attorney representing the certificate holder or the certificate holder's estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the certificate holder or the certificate holder's estate.
Informational Copies - No documentation is required.
Visit Los Angeles County Registrar/Recorder