SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY CLERK VITAL RECORDS
San Francisco County Clerk issues copies of vital records, including Authorized and Informational copies of San Francisco County birth and death certificates as well as confidential marriage certificates.
Please note: Acknowledgements executed by Notaries Public outside of USA are not accepted. Sworn Statement must be taken before an Embassador, Minister, Consul, Vice Consul, or Consular Agent of the United States, or before any Judge of a Court of record having a seal in such foreign country. (CA CCP 2014)
NOTICE: Although VitalChek attempts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this site, state and agency information is subject to change without notice. VitalChek makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information herein and assumes no liability with respect to such information.
SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY CLERK BIRTH CERTIFICATES
San Francisco County Clerk Vital Records issues Authorized and Informational copies of San Francisco County birth certificates; authorized copies are typically acceptable for passport, social security, employment and personal identification purposes. Records and the information are released on certified copies of the record only and cannot be released by fax, email, or over the phone. Persons requesting an authorized copy must sign a statement, under penalty of perjury, that they are an "authorized person" as defined by Health & Safety Code section 103526(c). San Francisco County Clerk is not responsible for non-delivery or non-receipt of fulfilled orders by your chosen return delivery method.
Who Can Order?
Authorized Copies An authorized copy establishes the identity of the registrant (child named on the certificate) and may only be issued to the following authorized persons:
- The registrant (person listed on the certificate) or a parent or legal guardian of the registrant (legal guardian must provide documentation).
- A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order (include copy), or an attorney or a licensed adoption agency seeking the birth record in order to comply with the requirements of Section 3140 or 7603 of the Family Code.
- A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business. (Companies representing a government agency must provide authorization from the government agency.)
- A child, grandparent, grandchild, brother or sister, spouse, of domestic partner of the registrant.
- An attorney representing the registrant or the registrant's estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the registrant or the registrant's estate.
- Appointed rights in a power of attorney, or an executor of the registrant's estate. (Please include a copy of the power of attorney, or supporting documentation identifying you as executor.)
Informational Copies - Informational copies are available to all requesters. An informational copy cannot be used for identity purposes. The certificate bears an inscription across the face of the document, stating, "INFORMATIONAL, NOT A VALID DOCUMENT TO ESTABLISH IDENTITY."
Visit San Francisco County Clerk