CONNECTICUT VITAL RECORDS
Connecticut Vital Records issues certified copies of Connecticut birth certificates, Connecticut death certificates, Connecticut marriage records and Connecticut civil union records for events which occurred within the State of Connecticut. You may order copies of Connecticut vital records through VitalChek on an expedited basis.
NOTICE: Although VitalChek attempts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this site, state and agency information is subject to change without notice. VitalChek makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information herein and assumes no liability with respect to such information.
Who Can Order?
Only the following individuals are entitled to receive certified copies of Connecticut birth certificates:
- Immediate family - the certificate holder (if over 18 years old), parent, guardian, grandparent, great grandparent, spouse, adult child, or adult grandchild.
- Legal representative - attorney representing person(s) named on the certificate (parent or child), or such person's guardian, or surviving spouse (written authorization required).
- Government representative - State or Federal agency employee, who must submit the request on their agency letterhead, include a copy of their photo ID and an authorized release from person(s) named on the certificate (if over 18 years old).
Proof of Entitlement Requirements - In addition to meeting the Identification Requirements listed above, anyone not listed above, including legal guardians and legal representatives, must fax proof of entitlement (court documents showing that the attorney has been appointed by th court to represent the registrant, custody/guardianship papers, etc.) to 866.809.0839.
Identification Requirements for Birth Certificate Requests
Connecticut Vital Records requires all applicants for birth records to submit a copy of their valid, government issued photo ID. You will be presented with an Authorization Form at the end of your order that includes specific instructions. When faxing your identification, please enlarge and lighten to ensure your fax is legible. Your order will not be processed until a legible form of identification is received. Below is a list of acceptable forms of identification:
One of the following forms of ID:
- Valid State-issued driver's license with photo
- Valid Government -issued identification card with photo and date of birth
- Valid Passport with photo
Two of the following alternate forms of ID:
- Social security card
- Written verification of identify from your current employer
- Current automobile registration
- Copy of a recent utility bill showing your name & address
- Checking account deposit slip with pre-printed name & address (with routing and account numbers blacked out)
- Voter registration card
For additional ordering options and details, refer to the Vital Records tab on the Connecticut Department of Public Health Website at the link provided below.
Visit Connecticut Dept. Of Public Health