HAWAII VITAL RECORDS
The Hawaii Division of Vital Records (Hawaii Vital Records) issues certified copies of birth certificates, death certificates and marriage records for events which occurred within the State of Hawaii. You may order copies of Hawaii vital records through VitalChek on an expedited basis.
NOTICE: Although VitalChek attempts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this site, state and agency information is subject to change without notice. VitalChek makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information herein and assumes no liability with respect to such information.
HAWAII BIRTH CERTIFICATES
Hawaii Vital Records issues only certified copies of Hawaii birth certificates, which are typically acceptable for passport, social security, employment and personal identification purposes.
Who Can Order?
A certified copy of a Hawaii birth certificate is issued only to an applicant who has a direct and tangible interest in the record. The following persons are considered to have such an interest:
- the registrant (the person whom the record is concerned with);
- the registrant's spouse;
- the registrant's parent(s);
- a descendant of the registrant (e.g., a child or grandchild);
- a person having a common ancestor with the registrant (e.g., a sibling, grandparent, aunt/uncle, or cousin);
- a legal guardian of the registrant;
- a person or agency acting on behalf of the registrant;
- a personal representative of the registrant's estate;
- a person whose right to obtain a copy of the record is established by an order of a court of competent jurisdiction; and
- adoptive parents who have filed a petition for adoption and need to determine the death of one or more of the prospective adopted child's natural or legal parents
Visit Hawaii Vital Records site