WEST VIRGINIA VITAL RECORDS
The West Virginia Division of Vital Records (West Virginia Vital Records) issues certified copies of West Virginia birth certificates, West Virginia death certificates, West Virginia marriage records and West Virginia divorce records for events that occurred in the State of West Virginia. You may order copies of West Virginia vital records through VitalChek on an expedited basis.
NOTICE: Although VitalChek attempts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this site, state and agency information is subject to change without notice. VitalChek makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information herein and assumes no liability with respect to such information.
WEST VIRGINIA BIRTH CERTIFICATES
West Virginia Vital Records issues only certified copies of birth certificates, which are typically acceptable for passport, social security, employment, personal identification and other legal purposes.
Who Can Order?
Access to certified copies of West Virginia birth certificates is restricted to the following individuals:
- The registrant (person named on the certificate), as long as they are 18 years or older; or are emancipated by court order or marriage
- Mother or father as listed on the certificate or current step-parent of the registrant
- Registrant's spouse, children, grandchildren or great-grandchildren
- Brother or sister of the registrant (including half and step relationships)
- Mother-in-law, father-in-law, son-in-law or daughter-in-law of the registrant
- Grandparents and great-grandparents of the registrant
- Legal guardian or legal representative (must fax copy of guardianship papers to 866.870.8723 upon completion of online order)
Visit West Virginia Vital Registration