CALAVERAS COUNTY VITAL RECORDS
The Calaveras County Recorder issues copies of vital records, including Authorized and Informational copies of Calaveras County birth, death and marriage certificates (for marriage licenses that were issued in Calaveras County). This includes public and confidential marriages.
NOTICE: Although VitalChek attempts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this site, state and agency information is subject to change without notice. VitalChek makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information herein and assumes no liability with respect to such information.
COUNTY OF CALAVERAS DEATH CERTIFICATES
Calaveras County Recorder issues authorized and informational copies of Calaveras County death certificates for individuals who died within Calaveras County. Authorized copies can typically be used to obtain death benefits, to claim insurance proceeds and for other legal purposes. Informational copies for Calaveras County death certificates can be used for informational purposes only.
Who Can Order?
Authorized Copies - All applicants must pass online identity verification before the order will be processed. Any applicant who fails or opts out of online identity verification will be required to submit a Sworn Statement and notarized Certificate of Acknowledgement before the order will be processed. Forms and instructions will be provided upon completion of your online order. Individuals permitted to receive authorized, certified copies of Calaveras County death certificates are listed below.
- The decedent's parent or legal guardian.
- A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse or domestic partner of the decedent.
- A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business.
- A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order.
- An attorney representing the registrant or the registrant's estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the decedent or the decedent's estate.
- A funeral director ordering certified copies on behalf of the decedent's family.
Informational Copies -no documentation required.
Visit County of Calaveras Clerk-Recorder