MONTEREY COUNTY VITAL RECORDS
The Monterey County Recorder (Monterey County Vital Records) issues Authorized and Informational copies of Monterey County birth certificates, Monterey County death certificates, and Certified Monterey County marriage records (for marriage licenses that were issued in Monterey County). You may order copies of Monterey County vital records through VitalChek on an expedited basis.
NOTICE: Although VitalChek attempts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this site, state and agency information is subject to change without notice. VitalChek makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information herein and assumes no liability with respect to such information.
MONTEREY COUNTY DEATH CERTIFICATES
Monterey County Vital Records issues authorized and informational copies of Monterey County death certificates for individuals who died within Monterey County. Authorized copies can typically be used to obtain death benefits, to claim insurance proceeds and for other legal purposes.
Who Can Order?
Authorized Copies - All applicants must submit a Sworn Statement and notarized Certificate of Identity before the order will be processed, forms and instructions will be provided upon completion of your online order. Individuals permitted to receive authorized, certified copies of Monterey County death certificates are listed below.
- The decedent's parent or legal guardian.
- A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse or domestic partner of the decedent.
- A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business.
- A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order.
- An attorney representing the registrant or the registrant's estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the decedent or the decedent's estate.
- Any agent or employee of a funeral establishment, acting within the course and scope of his or her employment and who orders certified copies on behalf of the decedent's family.
Informational Copies - All applicants must submit a Sworn Statement before the order will be processed. Anyone can order informational copies of Monterey County death certificates.
Visit Monterey County Recorder