MIAMI-DADE COUNTY VITAL RECORDS
The Dade County Division of Vital Records (Dade County Vital Records) issues certified copies of Miami-Dade County birth certificates and Miami-Dade County death certificates, for events which occurred within Dade County. You may order copies of Miami-Dade County vital records through VitalChek on an expedited basis.
NOTICE: Although VitalChek attempts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this site, state and agency information is subject to change without notice. VitalChek makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information herein and assumes no liability with respect to such information.
MIAMI-DADE COUNTY DEATH CERTIFICATES
Dade County Vital Records issues certified copies of Miami-Dade County death certificates of individuals who died within Dade County, which can typically be used to obtain death benefits, to claim insurance proceeds and for other legal purposes. Certificates will only be issued to the next of kin or to persons with a legal right to the certificate.
Who Can Order?
Any person of legal age (18) may be issued a certified copy of a Miami-Dade County death certificate without the cause of death. Miami-Dade County death certificates WITH CAUSE OF DEATH INFORMATION may only be issued to the following individuals:
Proof of Relationship Requirements:
- The decedent's spouse or parent,
- The decedent's child, grandchild or sibling, if of legal age,
- Any person who provides a will, insurance policy or other document that demonstrates his or her interest in the estate of the decedent, or
- Any person who provides documentation that he or she is acting on behalf of any of the above named persons
- If a child is ordering a copy of their parent's death certificate, he/she must submit a copy of their own birth certificate to prove relationship.
- If a spouse is ordering a copy of their spouse's death certificate, he/she must submit a copy of the marriage certificate as proof of relationship.
- If a grandchild is ordering a copy of their grandparent's death certificate, he/she must submit a copy of their own birth certificate and their parent's birth certificate to prove relationship.
- If a sibling is ordering a copy of their sibling's death certificate, he/she must submit their own birth certificate and their sibling's birth certificate to prove relationship.
Documentation can be faxed to 866.602.1908
Visit Miami-Dade County Health Department