ORANGE COUNTY VITAL RECORDS
The Orange County Clerk/Recorder issues Orange County vital records including Authorized and Informational copies of Orange County birth certificates, Orange County death certificates, public Orange County marriage records and confidential Orange County marriage records (for marriage licenses that were issued in Orange County). You may order copies of Orange County vital records through VitalChek on an expedited basis.
NOTICE: Although VitalChek attempts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this site, state and agency information is subject to change without notice. VitalChek makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information herein and assumes no liability with respect to such information.
PUBLIC AND CONFIDENTIAL ORANGE COUNTY MARRIAGE RECORDS
Effective August 1, 2015, due to limited supplies of printed banknote papers on hand the Orange County Clerk-Recorder’s Office will limit customers to one certificate copy per request.
Currently, the Orange County Clerk-Recorder’s Office is not accepting requests for an “Informational Copy” of a birth certificate. All requests for an “Informational Copy” of a birth certificate must be sent to the California Department of Public Health.
Orange County Vital Records issues certified copies of public and confidential Orange County marriage records for marriage licenses that were issued in Orange County, which can typically be used for proof of marriage and other legal purposes.
Who Can Order?
All applicants must submit a Sworn Statement and notarized Certificate of Acknowledgment, in addition to a government issued photo ID, before the order will be processed, forms and instructions will be provided upon completion of your online order. Individuals permitted to receive copies of public and confidential Orange County marriage records are listed below.
- The certificate holder, a parent or legal guardian of the certificate holder.
- A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse or domestic partner of the certificate holder.
- A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business.
- A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order, or an attorney or a licensed adoption agency seeking the birth record.
- An attorney representing the certificate holder or the certificate holder's estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the certificate holder or the certificate holder's estate.
Visit Orange County Clerk-Recorder (Hugh Nguyen)