SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY VITAL RECORDS
The San Bernardino County Recorder issues copies of vital records, including Authorized and Informational copies of San Bernardino County birth certificates, death certificates and marriage certificates (for marriage licenses that were issued in San Bernardino County). This includes public and confidential marriages.
NOTICE: Although VitalChek attempts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this site, state and agency information is subject to change without notice. VitalChek makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information herein and assumes no liability with respect to such information.
SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY PUBLIC MARRIAGE RECORDS
San Bernardino County Vital Records issues authorized and informational copies of public marriage certificates. For confidential marriage, only authorized copies of the certificate will be issued. Informational copies are not available for confidential marriages. Marriage certificates are typically used for proof of marriage and other legal purposes.
Who Can Order Copies of Public Marriage Certificates?
- All applicants must submit a Sworn Statement and notarized Certificate of Acknowledgment
before the order will be processed. Forms and instructions will be provided upon completion of your online order. Individuals permitted to receive copies of public San Bernardino County marriage records are listed below.
- The certificate holder, a parent or legal guardian of the certificate holder.
- A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse or domestic partner of the certificate holder.
- A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business.
- A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order, or an attorney or a licensed adoption agency seeking the birth record.
- An attorney representing the certificate holder or the certificate holder's estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the certificate holder or the certificate holder's estate.
Informational Copies – no documentation is required.
Who Can Order Copies of Confidential Marriage Certificates?
Copies of confidential marriage records may ONLY be obtained by a party of the marriage, OR by order of the superior court. If you are not a party of the marriage or do not have a court order, you may receive a written acknowledgement that a marriage took place. All applicants must submit a Sworn Statement and notarized Certificate of Acknowledgment
before the order will be processed, forms and instructions will be provided upon completion of your online order.
Visit San Bernardino County Recorder