SAN DIEGO COUNTY VITAL RECORDS
The San Diego County Recorder issues copies of San Diego County vital records including Authorized and Informational copies of San Diego County birth certificates, San Diego County death certificates, public San Diego County marriage records and confidential San Diego marriage records (for marriage licenses that were issued in San Diego County). San Diego County Vital Records participates in the VitalChek Network, allowing you to order the following certificates online on an expedited basis.
Please Note: For all Authorized Copies all applicants must submit a Sworn Statement and notarized Certificate of Acknowledgment before the order will be processed.
NOTICE: Although VitalChek attempts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this site, state and agency information is subject to change without notice. VitalChek makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information herein and assumes no liability with respect to such information.
SAN DIEGO COUNTY PUBLIC MARRIAGE RECORDS
San Diego County Vital Records issues certified copies of public and confidential San Diego County marriage records for marriage licenses that were issued in San Diego County, which are typically used for proof of marriage and other legal purposes..
Who Can Order?
Individuals permitted to receive copies of public San Diego County marriage records are listed below.
- The certificate holder, a parent or legal guardian of the certificate holder.
- A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse or domestic partner of the certificate holder.
- A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business.
- A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order, or an attorney or a licensed adoption agency seeking the birth record.
- An attorney representing the certificate holder or the certificate holder's estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the certificate holder or the certificate holder's estate.
Visit San Diego County Recorder (Ernest J. Dronenburg, Jr.)